Yamaha RX1 Engine for sale

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
dkshow
Veteran Member

Yamaha RX1 Engine for sale

Post by dkshow »

Hey all,

I have a Yamaha RX1 engine with 900 miles on it for sale. It started and ran perfectly last fall when I pulled it. It's crated and ready to ship to someone who wants an excellent carbureted RX1 for their Highlander or Superstol project. It's ready for a good cleaning and Teals adaptor, Steve Henry's engine mount and headers and you have an excellent inexpensive engine. $2500 + shipping ($300) roughly. I have pictures and a video of the engine starting and running.

The engine is currently located in NC. Feel free to call or email if you're interested.

Keith Showalter
keithshowalter@gmail.com
907-360-1281
Keith Showalter
More Photos at www.keithshowalter.com
Anchorage, Alaska Superstol N445K
Built in NC with Rob Pedersen, Plane Fun Aircraft
BucF16
Veteran Member

Re: Yamaha RX1 Engine for sale

Post by BucF16 »

Hey Keith, over on the Yamaha Aircraft Conversions Facebook page there is a guy who’s looking for one.
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
marl59
Seasoned Member

Post by marl59 »

Keith,
Does the engine come with an oil tank, wiring harness, computer, voltage regulator from the sled ? All these are necessary items for the conversion. The starter switch is also a plus. If all of these come with it I may be interested. Thanks!
Retter

Post by Retter »

That sounds a good deal, Keith. Will let you know if a buddy of mine is interested.
dkshow
Veteran Member

Post by dkshow »

Hey guys,

I was planning on putting it in a Superstol but then we didn't end up going that way so I did save all the parts. Oil tank all of the electrical, computer, etc. It took me a few days to pull it and crate it, so at least from my perspective, it's a great deal if you want to save the hassle of doing all that work yourself. It's ready to be cleaned up and make some airplane noises. The sled had only 900 miles on it and ran great so I think it'd make a good one for someone.

My ph number is 907-360-1281 if you need to get ahold of me. Call or text. I do have pictures of the removal process and a short video of the sled starting and running. The engine is currently in NC and can be shipped to where ever for a pretty reasonable price I would think.
Keith Showalter
More Photos at www.keithshowalter.com
Anchorage, Alaska Superstol N445K
Built in NC with Rob Pedersen, Plane Fun Aircraft
marl59
Seasoned Member

Post by marl59 »

Thanks Keith,
It is a great deal! I don't have a need for it right at the moment. But hope you can move it along.

Return to “Just Aircraft”