Panel layout

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Panel layout

Post by KevinC »

And just to throw one more into the mix....

I got the trial mock-up of my panel back from the water-jet shop this Friday.  Have installed everything to check clearance.  A couple of minor changes needed, but pretty close to final.  Thanks to Dave U for the basic layout idea and Gary W for the tip on water jet cutting.

Kevin

gme9261236
Veteran Member

Post by gme9261236 »

Looks great. Did you use a larger panel than the provided one? If so what were the dimensions?
DaveU
Veteran Member

Post by DaveU »

Kevin,
I like the look of the panel.  Nice layout.  The glass panel area looks huge.  I especially like the asi, turn coord, and the alt locations.  

I like the scuff plate added to the floorboard.  I think that is on my list of upgrades.  Along with bigger tires, the vortex generators, a bump on the cowl where the exhaust is hitting it.  Oh and most importantly, I need to fly the thing.

winter has started here.  cold, wind, snow, things we havent seen for a few years.  Sunday is supposed to get into the 50's.  Maybe that is the day for the next flight.

What color is the exterior of this masterpiece going to be?  Which paint system?  Are you flying it to Oshkosh?

Dave
KevinC
Veteran Member

color

Post by KevinC »

Dave,

(WSU) Cougar colors of course!  I am going to shamelessly copy the white/crimson/grey scheme similar to the one from Cornell, WI on floats (minus the zig-zag).  I really like the color combo.  I'll probably follow through with the superflight stuff.  A long time away for me.

Don't think I'll make OSH this year - still have a lot to do.  However, if I do, I'll plan a stop in SD.  Starting to stress a bit on the wings - reading, you know.  They look difficult.

k
KevinC
Veteran Member

panel layout

Post by KevinC »

I used the panel provided with the kit.  Many hours checking fit and clearance.

Kevin
scubarider
Veteran Member

panel

Post by scubarider »

Looks Great Kevin.  After talking to Troy, he tells me that he is starting to make only the larger instrument panel.  He gave me a scrapped fiberglass one that someone made and tossed.  It has a lip over the top.  I have a friend who is excellent with fiberglass and told me he could make one like it.   May possibly put some small lights under that lip.   Long away for me though.  Still working on all the other parts!  
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!

Return to “Just Aircraft”