Elevator trim help

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Elevator trim help

Post by scubarider »

Can anyone enlighten me on the instructions for the elevator trim.  There are no directions for mounting the plates etc.  I have lots of parts but can't figure out how to use them.   I have plates for mounting but have several.  Are there different locations?   I do have some pictures for the mounting next to the flaps handle  but just not sure.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
KevinC
Veteran Member

elevator trim

Post by KevinC »

I made a cardboard template and cut the trim control support plate from .060 aluminum sheet.  It is attached next to the flap handle with adel clamps.  Here are some pix.

Kevin

scubarider
Veteran Member

thanks

Post by scubarider »

Thanks Kevin, you have been a great help to me.  I received three plates labled trim elevator.  Three different sizes.  Does one go on the elvelator itself?  Any words of wisdom on how to mount it?  How far forward etc.?  What angle?  Does it matter?  
Thanks again!
Great pictures!!!
utpa001
Forum Regular

Post by utpa001 »

My web page about how I put the trim together is located at:  http://www.tcc.coop/~tpadams/_sgg/m2m3s1_1.htm

I'm also attaching some pic's took of one Cornell Aero Works was constructing - that's how I figured out how to do mine.

Tim
scubarider
Veteran Member

fantastic

Post by scubarider »

Fantastic!...Thanks so much.  Pictures are great.  Now if I had all the parts I could get it done!..    :(
Dennis

Return to “Just Aircraft”