Here's a good one....hmmmmm

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Here's a good one....hmmmmm

Post by scubarider »

Ok, here is an interesting problem.  I just put together my front tire.  I installed the axle and fork.  I spun the tire and.........the valve stem hits the fork.  It is your typical "L" shape valve stem.  It sticks out far enough that it will not clear the fork.  
Still working on the plane when I can.  Have not got to the wings yet.  I heard that the wings are about 75% of the build time.  Is this true?  What is the hardest thing to do on the wings?  Just looking ahead.   :lol:
I am soooo tired of winter... :roll:
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Gerald V9

Post by Gerald V9 »

Here is what I recommend.  Pitch the front wheel, get a rear wheel, and your problem will be solved.
scubarider
Veteran Member

rear wheel

Post by scubarider »

The rear wheel would still have to pass through the fork right?  It would just be taller.  Maybe a different tube and stem.  Little things like this are like an ant bite to the toe.  :o)
utpa001
Forum Regular

Post by utpa001 »

I think what he ment was, make it even more fun to fly and turn it into a tailwheel airplane :)
Tim
ALTAWINGMAN

VALVE STEM PROBLEM

Post by ALTAWINGMAN »

Dennis cut 2 or 3 rubber washers about 2'' around, take tire apart and put them over the valve stem this will hold the valve stem back if u need more room add more washers simple don't forget the baby powder on the inside of the tire   ALTAWINGMAN
scubarider
Veteran Member

hahaha

Post by scubarider »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
:oops:
Ok, I get it...toss the front and go with the rear....hahahaha....boy, sometimes I can get so focused can't see the forest from looking at the tree.  Thanks Altawingman.  I may end up doing that.  Can't figure out anything else but to pitch the tube and get one with a straight valve stem.  Gotta tell Troy about this one.   :P
D

Return to “Just Aircraft”