Rotax fuel pumps

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
DaveU
Veteran Member

Rotax fuel pumps

Post by DaveU »

Better check out the fuel pump on your Rotax 912 series engines.  There is a recall in effect for some of the newer pumps.  Sometime after July 2006 to present.  They have a problem with too much pressure, overriding the float in the carb and rough running.

I have a fuel pump issue unrelated to this.  I have oil leaking out the weep holes on the engine side of the fuel pump.  Not a big leak, but enough to make a mess.  They will warranty the pump, problem is due to the recall, there are no fuel pumps available and they do not know when they will have them.  They are supposedly getting through customs this week.

So now that the weather is cooperating for some flying, the parts monsters are not.

I think I will continue to fly, yet keep a close eye on it.  12.9 hours on the hobbs and counting.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Fuel pumps in

Post by b1x4nqb »

Lockwood and I exchanged information today and Tisha from their replied back that they got fuel pumps in today and I should be good to go with one sent off tomorrow.  Kind of ticks me off that I haven't even mounted the thing and it needs work done to it!  Looks like it will be a conch to do though.  Glad to see that.

Paul

Return to “Just Aircraft”