Full Lotus Floats

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Full Lotus Floats

Post by b1x4nqb »

Spoke to Troy yesterday about my control cable pulleys and I mentioned that I along with a few others would like to make some "wheel-through" ski's.  He told me about his new idea.  They just got a set of Full Lotus floats in and are putting them on one of their planes.  Troy wants to design a mount to put wheels on so their amphibian floats.  I called Full Lotus and they said the totalpackage would in their expectation be around 8K.  I think it would be cool to be able to land on snow, water, even wet grass yet put the wheels down and put it in on either a groomed grass strip or a runway.  A little pricey but I think it might just be something I add on later once I start looking for an add on rating or something to add fun to the plane.

Got my engine a few weeks ago right before the 8% price increase.  They said it would be just fine in my basement (controlled environment) as long as I kept it covered in the blue wrap it comes in.  I'm looking forward to mounting that baby!  In the meantime I haveto go out and get these pulleys mounted.  While I do that I am setting the tail in place.  Still waiting for parts for the push pull rods.  BTW, does anybody have a source for solid SS rods in place of the flying wires for the tail section? I can't seem to find them in Wicks, Aircraft Spruce, Lockwood, etc.  Alan mentioned in an earlier e-mail another plane putting them on.  He even has a picture.  I like the idea.
KevinC
Veteran Member

floats, ss rods

Post by KevinC »

Please keep us up-to-date one the floats.  I live on a perfect river-runway and someday.... someday this thing is going on floats.  The Full Lotus setup looks really good.

wish I'd known about the 8% price increase.

Here is a picture of SS rods in place of the flying wires.  The a/c is from Pacific Custom aircraft (http://www.aerocomppca.com/index.htm) - a dealer from LaGrande, OR.  These rods are on  the red/white escapade on the home page.  You might give them a call to see where they got them.

Kevin

scubarider
Veteran Member

interested also

Post by scubarider »

I am also very interested in the SS instead of the wires.  Please let us know what you find out.  I am aways yet getting to that stage  :wink:
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Jeffery @ Full Lotus said their working on heavier weight amphib gear and should have some news in less than 30 days.

We're asking for 1650 amphibs carrying the approx. 21 inch tires that are standard with the Highlander, and with slightly longer mainwheel posts so that the aircraft can be towed backwards on its own mains for short, meduim speed tows to boat launches, seaplane bases or airports.

Return to “Just Aircraft”