Help me please!!

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

Help me please!!

Post by Uwe Jens »

Hi Guys,
I start my Highlander project today!  I made the 50% deposit this morning.  Apparently I own kit # 145, (and the FIRST Highlander in Ecuador).  It will be ready for delivery in June.  It has to travel quite a few miles to Ecuador, South America.  This is the reason I need to coordinate a lot of things.  I have many concerns that I need your help with.  I bought already a Rotax 912 S with a Toucan Exhaust System, I have all the instrumentation but I am not sure what comes within the kit and what are the extras I need to buy.  Could anyone tell me how many gallons of  paint and primer filler do I need?; Which is the best , the poly-fiber or superflite system?, What other things do I need to buy to complete the kit?.  I need to have all the implements together by the time the kit is ready to be shipped to Ecuador.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Uwe/. :P
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

We're going with Stewarts Water Based System. They're out of Cashmere Washington State. Heard a lot of good things about that less toxic meathod from others that have used it. They should be able to give you quantitiy estimates.
scubarider
Veteran Member

painting the plane

Post by scubarider »

I will be using the Superflite system.  Just go on-line and ask them to send you a list of needs and prices.  I just got their information package in the mail yesterday.  Comes with color samples.  
There are many different little items I have found that I needed to buy.  Mainly different tools like clecos, clamps, etc.  I had several items missing from my kit and it seems that others have had the same problem.  It might pay to have someone actually go through the inventory for you before being shipped.  Most everything you need you can get from Aircraft Spruce on-line or a local hardware store.  
Good Luck!
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
Uwe Jens
Seasoned Member

thanks

Post by Uwe Jens »

Thanks guys,
I will be taking over your advices.  I´ll be speaking with the factory so they make a re-check on the inventory.  As I see, there is only need for the covering system.  I will continue bothering you with all the questions, since my project is at remote control.
Thanks,
Uwe/.

Return to “Just Aircraft”