Question on mounting ailerons/flaps

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
scubarider
Veteran Member

Question on mounting ailerons/flaps

Post by scubarider »

Could someone tell me what the templates are in the book and how to use them {or not}?  I know Kevin you used a couple popiscle sticks together as spacers working from the inboard to outboard then drilling out the brackets.  I understand that and it seems that would be the way to go but the manual says to use the cutout templates.  They are the ones that have the inches on the side and you cut them out and paste to wood.  It just doesn't make sense to me on how or why to use them.  
Hey Kevin I am done with the "Kevin video" wing build.  When is number 4 coming???  :D   You know I am lost without your guidance  :oops:
Thanks!
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Templates

Post by b1x4nqb »

I didn't use the templates rather I just used the pulleys as guides and measures with deduction.  The only tough one was the upper aeleron cable that goes fro one pulley through all ribs to the other side.  Sort of tough when you have to go down hill then back up and not sure exactly where to come out half way.  I called Dave U on that and he gave me rough measurements on his.  I'll remeasure and get back to you.  Everything worked otu great except that crossover where I had to redrill on each inboard rib to make the cable comeo out a slight hair farther back from the dual pulleys on the headrack.  The one side just rubbed the bolt end and the other was just right but a little below so with just those two redrilled it all flows smooth.  Of course it is not flying so that will be another story.  Don't forget to leave slack for all the nicopresses and adjustment spots.  Finally, if you are using fabric plates don't forget to run your cables through the top aeleron ones if you are going to nicopress and leave the cable in the wings.  The groove there is a little too tight to get it though later on easily.  Jus tmy view.

Paul
scubarider
Veteran Member

Thanks

Post by scubarider »

Thanks Paul, I have not got to the pulleys yet, just completing the ailerons and flaps.
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!

Return to “Just Aircraft”