WAG-A-BOND

For general discussion of the Wag-Aero Group family of aircraft.
Includes: Sport Trainer, Sportsman 2+2, and Wag-A-Bond
foggyb

WAG-A-BOND

Post by foggyb »

Hi, I'm new to the self build world and am evaluating various types at the moment. I really want a side by side high wing such as the Piper Vagabond/Wag-a-bond type of aircraft. I have never embarked upon such a project before and want some guidance, pearls of wisdom, constructive comments about going for a wag-a-bond. There seems to be very little objective info available on the net about this machine. If anyone has any thoughts that they wish to share I would be greatful. Cost, complexity, advice etc. I have been flying for 25 years, not all fixed wing and have some experience of a/c engineering. I yearn for getting back to a tail dragger which I can tour with but also fly slow as an aerial photo platform. Needs to be side by side for touring!

thanks for taking the time to read.

regards

Foggy
jd

vagabond

Post by jd »

if ya want to build one from scratch and plans,check out www.ragwings.com.they have the plans for a full size vagabond for 50.00.
jdhogg
foggyb

Post by foggyb »

Thanks JD I will check it out.

foggyb
jd

foggy

Post by jd »

the ragabond airplane is alot cheaper as ya build it from scratch instead of a welded kit.it also uses a rotax 503 engine.some people swear its not the same aircraft but it looks like a vagabond
jdhogg
Brohawk

Post by Brohawk »

foggyb -

It sounds like the FalconarAvia Maranda might be worth looking into.

It's a wood airframe (non-intmiidating materials), high wing (good for your photography interest), and has a 46-inch wide cabin (elbow room is always a good thing).

There is a Maranda builders group on Yahoo where you could gets lots of info.

Return to “Wag-Aero Group”