Adding a Baggage Door on a covered Highlander

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
yellow highlander

Adding a Baggage Door on a covered Highlander

Post by yellow highlander »

Baggage_door_A[1].jpg
After putting a baggage door on my HighIander, I posted pictures of the completed project on the FaceBook page for the Just A/C Owners Group. A few of the members came back and asked that I post more information and pictures. At their request I put a very complete "how to" instruction, including pictures, to that FB page. I then got the suggestion that perhaps I should post them to the Wings forum as well.

Unfortunately, I could not just drop those instructions here, due to size restrictions. If I just dragged the document into the post, the pictures were not included in their respective locations........so

I am posting a Dropbox link for the document. You do not have to subscribe to Dropbox to retrieve the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjzf38f1q5b4t ... .docx?dl=0

For the minor increase in weight, the baggage access door is a great addition to the aircraft. I frequently carry empty fuel jugs on cross country flights. It is great to open the door, get out the jugs and go off airport to get gasoline for the plane. I don't have to unpack all the heavier items stowed forward to get to the jugs. Would recommend this mod to anyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Re: Adding a Baggage Door on a covered Highlander

Post by Johnny C! »

Great idea, and well executed.

Not in my wildest dreams would I
ever consider cutting the skin of
my Tri-Lander, but I will look into
this next time I'm at the hanger.

Thanks for sharing this.

John

Return to “Just Aircraft”