[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wings Forum • View topic - Just 103

Wings Forum

Forum for homebuilt experimental & light sport aircraft pilots, owners, & builders.
It is currently Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just 103
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 am 

Any news on the Just 103 ultralight?

Last video I saw was August 2017, Troy said they'd finish and start flying it in two weeks. That was months ago, but no news?

Anyone know about the new design?

tks

Post subject: Re: Just 103
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 am 
Veteran Member

TKS, I have been very interested in the 103. After OSH 2017 I started calling down to the factory every couple of months, and was told that it had not flown. I then spoke to Gary and indicated to him that I wanted to see it fly and if it did what Troy thought it would do, I'd like to be one of the first customers. Gary told me that the ribs were going to be stamped aluminum. Typical Just spars. spoilers for control. NOW this is just rumor, and I'm not going to reveal my source, but there may be and issue with the spoiler only control. Troy in his video with Dan Johnson states that using spoilers saved 12 to 14 LBS. So if they have to revert to the traditional system that puts the close to the 256# limit. Another way to save a few pounds would be to use Oratex 600 covering.

As far a the engine, the Palini Thor 250 looks to have all of the requirements that Troy will need. Here is a link the Belite's review if the engine:

http://www.beliteaircraft.com/polini-th ... weve-seen/

If anyone else has info, I would as well like to hear it.

Cheers,
Bruce

http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 am 
Veteran Member

Here is a video of the EMG6-250 by Rainbow aviation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QzAy8SeNnM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 pm 
Veteran Member

A quick update, I was at the factory this past week and they are still working on it. Troy was adding ailerons to the wing. When I left they were recovering the wings. Top side was done, bottom will be done Monday. Then some flight testing. I think he is trying to have it ready and flying for Oshkosh. It's still a work in progress. Looks pretty cool though.

Clark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:48 pm 

Thanks for the update Clark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 pm 
Veteran Member

I was at the factory Friday, and got to watch Troy removing the wings, and then roll the fuselage through the factory, and load the It on the trailer. I should have taken some photos of them doing it to post them. I got some photos of Troys SuperSTOL. Yes Troy did add ailerons to the 103.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm 
Veteran Member

Hey all, if anyone is at Sun n Fun and the 103 is there, get some pix and info and post it. Include price!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:26 pm 
Veteran Member

Let's see if I can post some pics from my phone.

Alan

Attachments:
20180411_095734_resized.jpg
20180411_095734_resized.jpg [ 376.53 KiB | Viewed 12068 times ]
20180411_095721_resized.jpg
20180411_095721_resized.jpg [ 385.94 KiB | Viewed 12068 times ]
20180411_095734_resized.jpg
20180411_095734_resized.jpg [ 376.53 KiB | Viewed 12068 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm 
Veteran Member

Hey, it worked! I asked about price and such but it's not available yet. They have about 2 hours on it so far. It flys good. That's all the info available.

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 am 
Veteran Member

Hey Alan, or anyone there, it appears that there are VGs, but no fixed leading edge slots. Is the covering super flight up to silver? I've heard aluminum ribs. Instruments are Belite brand?? Any Other info and more Pix would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Bruce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 am 
Veteran Member

The covering is Polyfiber (Stits) up through Poly Spray. Can't tell for sure but probably aluminium ribs.

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:32 am 
Veteran Member

It also appears that the fuel tank is in the wing. This is fantastic compared to other 103 aircraft! My guess is to be legal, you won't be able to use full throttle is cruise. (Yeah right). :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:34 pm 
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:50 pm 
Veteran Member

In talking with Troy at the factory, I don’t believe the Tail Boom will be the Aluminum tube. Troy voiced a concer with the cost of the Tube. I wonder if he will offer it as an option.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:05 pm 
Veteran Member