Any Highlander Owners in the Upstate of SC

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
oldflyingfarmer

Any Highlander Owners in the Upstate of SC

Post by oldflyingfarmer »

Hello I am a new member just getting into looking at all the LSA aircraft and have decided to look at and go fly the Hihglander If you go by the way the crow flys I am about 30 miles so I am pumped up. What I am not all of that exicted about is the aspect of flying in something I built LOL. Any thoughts on how hard this would be compared to a 750 or anything comparable? I am in my retired years and want an iarcraft I can afford and one that has a solid background. I did speak to a customer rep (did not catch the name but he was a good rep) and talked with him and he was dead on with advice about engines and told me that I should look at the bushking as oen of my choices for an engine. I asked is this what they suggested and was told there are many different engines out there but I should research them all. Cannot ask for better than that other aircraft MFG alwasys point to this and that just my opinion as I am new at this point actually having the funds to buy instead of dreaming.. Have a good day.
scubarider2
Topic Moderator

Re: Any Highlander Owners in the Upstate of SC

Post by scubarider2 »

Welcome to the site. I had built a couple ultralights before trying to build the Escapade/Highlander. You will get a lot of support here on this site as well as the company. It took me about 750 hours to complete. Others are faster and some are a bit slower :lol: {You know who you are out there} Take some time to look at this forum, it will help. As you were told there are loads of engines out there now available. I have the Rotax 912uls 100hp.
I live in North Georgia and there are several in the area. Of course the best place for you to go is Wahalla, SC to the factory to see where they are made.
Good luck!
Dennis
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever...

Return to “Just Aircraft”